Following the General Data Protection Regulation EU 2016/679 (GDPR) and the Directive on privacy and electronic communications (e-Privacy Directive) concerning the processing of Personal data, we need your consent to use and install cookies on your devices (excluding strictly necessary cookies). You can always change your cookies settings here.
Please be informed, our services are not intended for use by children, and we do not knowingly collect Personal data from children under 13 (in certain countries these are individuals less than 16).
What are cookies and what of your data do cookies contain?
A cookie file is a small piece of data created during the use of a website and recording information in the user’s web browser or on the device from which such website was accessed. Cookies stored on your device authenticate the computer or mobile device, not a specific user, using randomly generated authentication scripts.
A standard cookie file contains information about the identification of your web browser, not the user. This cookie remembers your settings, browsing history on the website, optimizes your use of the website, and saves your selected parameters.
Some of the cookies used by us can contain more detailed information, even the information that can help identify you and include more of your Personal data. However, your additional identification data can only be entered by you personally and be provided to us knowingly, and only if you consent to it.
Please visit these websites to find out more detailed information about cookies:
How are we using cookies?
A Do Not Track (DNT) request is a setting any user can trigger from their device. The purpose is to allow consumers to limit or prevent the collection of their Personal data.
Because we do not track our Website users over time and across third-party websites, we do not respond to browser do-not-track signals.
At the same time, even if we follow the DNT, we cannot control the DNT handling of third parties interacting with the Website, such as Google Analytics, AdWords, and others.
To ensure the efficient use of our website, your computer or mobile device can receive cookies in the following cases:
- recording such data as your choice of language and country, so that we can customize our Website according to your preferences;
- providing you with access to and use of Company’s services;
- to make your interactions with the Website faster;
- to recognize you when you visit our Website once again and to personalize Company’s services;
- providing you with customers support;
- to detect and prevent fraudulent or illegal activities on our Website;
- to evaluate the efficiency of our Website, including the marketing information offered by it;
- to show you relevant advertising, both on and off our Website and measure the performance of such advertising (we may work with our partners to show you ads on or off our Website, such as after you’ve visited a partner’s website).
Categories of cookies and managing them
This classification of cookies is based on the International Chamber of Commerce’s Cookie Guide.
I. Strictly necessary cookies
“Strictly necessary” cookies are required to ensure the correct browsing through, and use of the Website features to:
- freely navigate throughout the Website;
- remember the previous actions when the user returns to the page in the same session;
- ensure safe user access to secure areas of the Website and using the full scale of its features;
- distinguish between humans and bots;
- interact with the Website applications and conveniently navigate throughout its services;
- book our services;
- making credit card transactions on the Website.
Cookies from this category collect none of your Personal data. They are temporary and, usually, will be deleted after you close the browser immediately.
II. Performance cookies
Performance (or statistic) cookies are used for anonymous collection of statistics data, analysis of our services’ Website performance, and quality. This data includes:
- web analytics (counting the number of visitors to ensure sustainable and reliable operation);
- partner tracking (it is used to send an anonymous message to our partners that one of our visitors has also visited their website);
- error management (measuring errors presented on the Website and finding their causes to improve the Website performance);
- tracking technologies (required to prevent any fraudulent actions and potential security risks);
- ad response rates (used to analyze how efficient is our information).
We use Google Analytics to track performance data. This is an analytical web service provided by third party supplier Google, Inc. Users may disable cookies or delete any individual cookie. For detailed information, please visit the following web page: Google Analytics and data privacy.
III. Functionality cookies
Functionality cookies are permanent and help personalize the Website content according to the client’s selected preferences, and to:
- remember your choice of region and language;
- recognize your devices and authenticate the user;
- support location-based tools to identify your location;
- use the selected service.
Cookies in this category analyze your actions during the use of the Website.
IV. Targeted advertising cookies
Targeted advertising (or marketing) cookies are intended to interact with third parties through tracking technology for content delivery, by placing on our behalf targeted ads matching your interests on our Website and third party websites based on how you interact with the application, ads or content. This helps:
- to improve relevance and personalization of marketing actions;
- to limit the number of repeated marketing actions or displayed ads;
- to measure the efficiency of marketing/advertising campaigns;
- to identify a returning user’s device;
- to deliver a series of advertisement products such as real-time bidding from third-party advertisers.
Cookies in this category are managed by third parties. For detailed information about privacy protection during the use of third party websites, please refer to the table below.
Managing cookies by customizing your browser
We take your data privacy very seriously, which is why, unless necessary, we do not attach to cookies any information that would be able to identify you personally.
You can refuse to accept, limit the use or completely remove cookies by customizing your browser accordingly. Your browser settings are available at the following links:
Important! Use of personalized browser settings may result in limited access to certain sections of the Website or incomplete operation. It will also prevent identification of your devices and relevant information collection, which means that:
- we will not be aware of your rejection of behavioural ads; this is why third party banners will be displayed again when you are browsing through other websites;
3rd party cookies
Sometimes on our website, we use third-party web services to display images and videos or make votes/polls. Like in a case with social media icons, we cannot prevent these website or external domains collecting the information about your website’s use.
With your consent, Google Inc. (1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA) and Facebook Ireland Limited (4 Grand Canal Square, Grand Canal Harbour, Dublin 2, Ireland) may place cookies to see if you are registered or logged in on our Website. These cookies allow you to like content or share it with your friends. These platforms may use these cookies for their purposes, including advertising.
Google’s advertising requirements can be summed up by Google’s Advertising Principles. They are put in place to provide a positive experience for users. Read here. The Company uses Google AdSense to publish ads on the Website. When you view or click on an ad, a cookie will be set to help better provide advertisements that may be of interest to you on our Website and other websites. You may opt out of the use of this cookie by visiting Google’s Advertising and Privacy page.
Detailed information about cookies
This table contains the most common cookies used by us and the description of these cookies:
|Strictly necessary cookies|
|Cookie_Consent||carsfromwest.com||This cookie stores the status of the user’s consent.||1 year|
|Cookie_Consent_Key||This cookie stores the status of the user’s consent key.|
|Cookie_Category_analytics||This cookie stores the yes/no status for the analytics category.|
|Cookie_Category_marketing||This cookie stores the yes/no status for the marketing category.|
|Cookie_Category_social_media||This cookie stores the yes/no status for the social media category.|
|Cookie_Category_tracking||This cookie stores the yes/no status for the tracking category.|
|t3D||This cookie is part of a bundle of cookies which serve the purpose of content delivery and presentation. The cookies keep the correct state of font, blog/picture sliders, color themes and other website settings.||Persistent|
|__cf_bm||Cloudflare||It makes the Internet work the way it should. Offering CDN, DNS, DDoS protection and security, can help the website.||1 day|
|__stripe_mid||Stripe||It makes the Internet work the way it should. Offering CDN, DNS, DDoS protection and security, can help the website.||1 year|
|Performance (Statistics) cookies|
|_ga||Registers a unique ID that is used to generate statistical data on how the visitor uses the website.||2 years|
|_gat||Used by Google Analytics to throttle request rate.||1 day|
|_gid||Registers a unique ID that is used to generate statistical data on how the visitor uses the website.|
|Targeted advertising cookies|
|_fbp||Used by Facebook to deliver a series of advertisement products such as real-time bidding from third party advertisers.||3 months|
|ads/ga-audiences||Used by Google AdWords to re-engage visitors that are likely to convert to customers based on the visitor’s online behaviour across websites.||Session|
|fbssls_#||Collects data on the visitor’s use of the comment system on the website, and what blogs/articles the visitor has read. This can be used for marketing purposes.|
|Tr||Used by Facebook to deliver a series of advertisement products such as real-time bidding from third party advertisers.|